Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Forgot your Password?
Select Skin: 
Select Language:

Active Topics (0) | Active Polls (0) | Members | Online Users | DreamChat | Flash Chat (0) | Avatar Legend | Search | Bookmarks
 All Forums
 HEALTH FORUMS for Spinone Italiano
 Endocrine
 Dr. Jean Dodds Research Study
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum

Threaded View
Bookmark this Topic Bookmark Topic |  Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Hypothyroidism by Lisa Boyer, DVM Topic Next Topic: Hypothyroidism, Diagnosis and Treatment  
SpinoneMAX

Administrator

Member Rated: Votes:1
 Top 5 Poster (#1)

Posted - 03/20/2010 :  7:22:00 PM Show Profile Visit SpinoneMAX's Homepage Add SpinoneMAX to Buddylist
Information about Dr. Jean Dodds Non-Profit Research Study can be found at these sites:

http://www.canine-epilepsy-guardian-angels.com/DrDoddsInstructions.htm

http://www.nzymes.com/pc/articles.asp?article_id=218&type=&condition_id=&product_id=&panel=o

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 671  ~  Member Since: 01/11/2004  ~  Last Visit: 02/15/2018 Alert Moderator 
kincaid

Top 25 Poster (#12)

1   Posted - 03/29/2010 :  10:46:12 PM Show Profile Add kincaid to Buddylist
» Subject: Re: Dr. Jean Dodds Research Study
Jean Dodds has helped my dogs. First I did not know they had a thyroid problem. Both my spinoni coming from different lines. Have thyroid issues: My youngest dog after having a blood sample sent for for OFA thyroid certification I found,after her test came back stating she is genetic autoimmune positive thyroiditis. I was lead to Jean Dodds, for understanding. Made an appointment, luckly she is local to me. I took my other Spinone, My other Spinone did have some of the clinical signs and symptoms of hypothyroidism listed in Jean Dodds papers. This Spinone is on medication for incontinence since the age of 9 months, she is seen by a dermatologist, which she gets allergy shots two times a month. She is over weight. Well according to clinical list of Jean Dodds, I took her along with my younger girl for blood testing to check her thyroid levels. She came back hypothroidism. Not genetic autoimmune thyroiditis, different: She needed help. I never realized. The other vets I took her too never found this problem. I can testify. However since being on her thyroid medication: She just looks happier, healthier.
She will probably be able to come off her incontinence medication: We will probably be able discontinue all allergy shots. Her weight is coming down, she is more active she just looks happy. Much thanks to Jean Dodd.

kincaid's sig 
we now have two

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 18  ~  Member Since: 12/03/2007  ~  Last Visit: 04/29/2013 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
kincaid

Top 25 Poster (#12)

2   Posted - 03/29/2010 :  11:02:20 PM Show Profile Add kincaid to Buddylist
» Subject: Re: Dr. Jean Dodds Research Study
Owners of Spinone should check out Hemopet website: check out clinical signs and symptoms of hypothyroidism: Some things as owners of Spinones we maybe over look just because we love our Spinones so much, we just accept somethings. And Vet. we take them to for help, are not familar with the breed, so they mess just a simple test. Jean Dodds is someone to take note of, if not for anything else: For future reference.
She has helped my Spinones. Just check her out.
kincaid's sig 
we now have two

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 18  ~  Member Since: 12/03/2007  ~  Last Visit: 04/29/2013 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: Hypothyroidism by Lisa Boyer, DVM Topic Next Topic: Hypothyroidism, Diagnosis and Treatment  
Bookmark this Topic Bookmark Topic |  Printer Friendly

Jump To:

SpinoneUS © 2004-06 SpinoneUS Go To Top Of Page...
 Modded By: Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.14 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000