Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register

Forgot your Password?
Select Skin: 
Select Language:

Active Topics (0) | Active Polls (0) | Members | Online Users | DreamChat | Flash Chat (0) | Avatar Legend | Search | Bookmarks
 All Forums
 CHIT CHAT - ANYTHING GOES - Well almost anything!
 LET'S TALK
 A link between animal care and child care?
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
Rating is not allowed for this topic.

Threaded View
Bookmark this Topic Bookmark Topic |  Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: My silly spinone Topic Next Topic: Discover the Breeds in Your Mixed-Breed Dog  
TwinButtes

Top 25 Poster (#20)

Posted - 11/02/2010 :  8:04:51 PM Show Profile Visit TwinButtes's Homepage Add TwinButtes to Buddylist
I originally posted this on my blog, Murphy's Bird Dog Blog, and thought I'd share it here as well.

According to the American Humane Society:
American Humane has completed a study establishing a link between animal cruelty and human violence.
E.g., in NJ, 88% of families where physical abuse occurred, animal abuse also occurred. In about 1/3 of these homes, the animal was killed as a threat/manipulation of the child. Finding that the sexual abuser threatens to kill the pet if the child speaks up – threat to silence the child.
California and Colorado make animal control officers mandated reporters for child abuse.
Violent and deliberate acts of animal abuse link to human violence. Among all the recent school shooting cases – there was an earlier history of animal abuse. Animal abuse is already a diagnostic criteria for personality disorder. Serious animal abuse can be a risk factor for juvenile delinquency. Systems may now take animal abuse more seriously. Source: casanet. org

I can add that there appears to be a link between child care and animal care.

According to the Animal Legal Defense Fund, Idaho ranks in the bottom 5 of states as being one of the “…worst states in the nation for laws against animal cruelty”.
Coincidentally,
According to the NACCRRA (National Association of Child Care Resource and Referral Agencies), Idaho ranks dead last as number 52 out of 50 states in the 2007 overall state rankings, with a score of 15 (Depart of Defense and the District of Columbia were included in the survey). The Department of Defense ranked number 1 with a score of 117. Source: naccrra.org

The other states that ranked in the bottom 5 according to the Animal Legal Defense Fund are: Arkansas (NACCRRA ranking of 42), Kentucky (NACCRRA ranking of 49), Mississippi (NACCRRA ranking of 31), and North Dakota (NACCRRA ranking of 7).

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11  ~  Member Since: 10/13/2010  ~  Last Visit: 06/02/2013 Alert Moderator 
  Previous Topic: My silly spinone Topic Next Topic: Discover the Breeds in Your Mixed-Breed Dog  
Bookmark this Topic Bookmark Topic |  Printer Friendly

Jump To:

SpinoneUS © 2004-06 SpinoneUS Go To Top Of Page...
 Modded By: Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000